Monday, December 6, 2010

Favourite album of 2010?

So far its "Skit I Allt" by Dungen - more on them later. And I'll also wait till the end of the year before making that claim! Although I'm not sure how many more albums are coming in 2010!


Dungen though - that's a fantastic album. Its crazy. Crazy Swedish dudes. Well, I'm not sure if they are crazy, but I'm guessing they have to be a little unhinged. Having said all that, after the first few listens, it begins to make perfect sense, and the craziness goes into the background a little, and you realise they are a pop band. I mean, the title track is one of the nicest little tunes you'll hear, with that big "ziiinng" sound in the chorus, and, forgetting that it translates to "fuck it all" in Swedish, could've been a good hit single.

And the piano intro of "Högdalstoppen" is just gorgeous, before it all explodes into proggy, flute-y madness. And the same really goes for the rest of the album. Again, I'll probably post about this multiple times, but for now enjoy this (really weird) video:

No comments:

Post a Comment